Wednesday 19 November 2008

My Golden Ticket


After purchasing my ticket from a rather stern lady at the desk
I entered the Alan Aldridge exhibition  it was like charlie entering the willy wonkas' chocolate factory  or even alice entering  the rabbit hole in wonder land. You are instantly struck by physcadelic colours of the sixties and 10 feet tall characters from covers of beatles records. love peace and revolution seem to be the themes
 
The challenge for today was to take as many photos of the exhibition with out the security lady catching me ,this i did more successfully than some of my colleges, although many of my photos are obscured by my sketch book that i used to hide my photo taking

My favorite peace in the exhibition was the image of a skull made from an opium poppy i think this was the thought provoking.
This seemed to be the hardest image to take a photo of  due to the security lady hovering around this piece, to avoid detection I ended up crouched down next to the car to take a photo which came out blurry anyway!


My close second favorite  bit it took me a second to figure out what it was(and Simon even longer), this piece was one of many stickers on the final wall towards the end of the exhibition



What I took away from the exhibition was ow many ideas start as doodles and stay as doodles and thats okay keeping them simple keeps a certain amount of rawness and truth to them

3 comments:

Honadesign@yahoo.com said...

interesting group photo!
which part of your research are we! lol

Unknown said...

Hey! Design Museum here. Pleased you enjoyed the exhibition. Just to say we don't allow photography for copyright reasons - but if you want images for your blog you can always contact the press office media@designmuseum.org

GAVIN said...

Ha de Ha hahHA bloody HA
DONT BELIEVE U FROM DESIGN MUSEUM for 1 minute
but 10 points for comedy value very funny indeed. I will get u back you phantom commenter
you havent heard the last from me...MMWWAAHHhhahahahaahahhaahaahhhaahah